Magma Inc. A top law firm, Sandton, South Africa
Founder and Chairman
- The Northwest Department of Finance where he conducted workshops to lecture staff on various legislations that impact on domestic violance, abuse and the likes, which he co hosted with Professor LP Direko from University of North west, Mafikeng campus
- department of higher education in conjunction with Center for Higher Education Transformation, a opinion on the possible launch of the student federation in South African Universities
- Freedom of expression Institute, a legal opinion on the matter against Arcelor Mittal regarding water and air pollution in Van der Bijlpark
- South African Transport and Allied Workers Union ( SATAWU) legal opinion
- Drafted the constitution of the Drivers Operators and Allied Workers Union
- Department of science and technology, to draft a Science and Technology Bill
- Drafted the intergovernmental agreement between National Heritage Council and the National Department of Arts and Culture
- Legal opinion to Council of Tshwane University of Technology
- Chairperson of the commission of enquiry into the doctoral qualification of Professor Johny Molefe, then acting Vice Chancellor of Tshwane University of Technology
- Chairperson, Disciplinary committee, South African Local Government Association ( SALGA)
- Chairperson, Disciplinary Committee, University of Mpumalanga
- Chairperson, Disciplinary Committee and investigations at the Department of Rural Development and Land Reform
- Member of the national disciplinary committee of the South African Football Association ( SAFA)
- Member of the Commercial Panel of the Arbitration Foundation of Southern Africa
- Member of the International Economic Law Network
Head of Department of Mining and Corporate Law.
- PhD in Minerals Investment & Policy from University of the Witwatersrand
- Masters of Law in resources Law and Policy from University of Dundee,
- B. A. Law from University of Swaziland.
Dr. Madolo has been a senior Lecturer at the University of the Witwatersrand School of Law from 2009 to 2013. She has worked for several multinational mining companies and has been involved in the drafting of various charters and policies in the mining sector, she was also involved with the following projects, Drafting of the Namibian Mineral Policy, identifying suitable BEE partners for major mining companies.
Dr. Madolo was a legal adviser to the Minister of Natural Resources & Energy, Swaziland and is indeed an authority of the issues of mining and minerals.
She has other countless achievements under her belt and extensive knowledge and expertise in the following areas, some of which she has lectured on, namely:
- Commercial and Mercantile Law
- Drafting of Minerals and Petroleum Agreements
- Commercial Agreements
- Negotiating Mining Exploration Quarry Leases
- Special Exclusive Licenses and Agreements
- Drafting of FIDIC, Agreements that govern Engineering contracts
- Shareholders Agreements,
- Joint Venture,
- Comprehensive knowledge on the field of International Economic Law.
- Bachelor of Law (LLB)
- Conveyancer Attorney
- Notary Public
Katherine graduated from the University of South Africa (Unisa) with a Bachelor of Law (LLB )degree and attended School for legal practice at the University of Pretoria in 2014.
Katherine completed her articles of clerkship at Hack Stupel & Ross Attorneys and was duly admitted as an Attorney, Conveyancer and Notary Public, in the High Court of South Africa in 2015.
Katherine has joined Magma Attorneys Incorporated as the head of the Conveyancing and Notary division.
- LLB from UNISA,
- B. Iuris from University of North West
- Diploma in Business Management from IMM
- National Certificate in Arbitration and Sport from National Association of Arbitrators
Diploma in Insolvency Law & Practice from UPE
- Diploma in Auctioning
Tumishang Oupa Phasha
Head of Labour Law, disciplinary hearings, Contracts and general litigation
- LLB Degree from University of Limpopo
- Masters of Law in Labour Law from University of Limpopo
Tumishang or “Oupa”, as he is popularly known was admitted as an attorney in 2011 and has a right of Appearance in the High Courts of South Africa.
His area of practice in the field of Labour law, which includes disciplinary hearings, legal opinions to various organisations on issues relating to labour Matters, review of contracts as well as general litigation.
Head of Tax, Corporate Finance, and Mergers & Acquisition
- National Diploma in Accounting
- post-graduation Diploma in Taxation
- Degree in Taxation
Thomas served his articles at Deloitte and Touché, after which he worked as a corporate tax manager for the same firm. In addition, he served as a corporate tax manager for KPMG.
He specialises in the following:
- Financial Management Systems,
- Business Process Re-engineering,
- Auditing and Corporate Tax,
- VAT Reviews,
- Income Tax.
Mr Sibiya undertook various high profile advisory tasks, among them providing consulting services for various government departments such as the Gauteng Department of Education in the Free State. In the Department of Education, he was involved with forensic audit of public and special schools, and for the Department of Sports and Department of Arts and Culture in the North West province as well. He undertook same tasks for various municipalities, assisting them with the debt reviews.
Thomas, or Tom as he is often called, is an associate of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Southern. Africa under South African institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA). He has also worked for South African Revenue services (SARS), De Beers Consolidated Mines, ABSA Bank and Ford Motor Corporation.
- LLB Degree
Mr. Matlakala obtained his LLB degree in 2009 from University of Limpopo. He previously worked for a well-known law firm where he obtained various practical skills, experience and expertise on various aspects of law. He also acted for and on behalf of the Road Accident Fund as its attorney of record on R.A.F’s panels of attorneys. Through this process he developed a vast knowledge on medical law.
His other interests are:
- Civil Litigation.
- Family Law
– Divorce, Maintenance, Custody, Protection orders.
- Administration of deceased’s estates.
Tumi also has a right of appearance in the High Courts of South Africa.